Washington DC Area Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a complementary health and wellness technique that uses soft tissue manipulation, still touch, body-mind relaxation and range of motion movement to address a variety of musculoskeletal issues related to over-use, injury, and personal tension. HHH modalities include myofascial release; Reiki; infant massage instruction; Swedish, deep tissue, sports and prenatal massages and Active Isolated Stretching. Historically, HHH donates time and services to volunteer with wounded warriors and individuals in hospice care. For additional information on Washington DC massage therapy visit HHH Resources.
Benefits of Massage:
- Reduces hormones related to stress and aggression
- Decreases inflammation
- Increases white blood cell count benefiting immune function
- Improves symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Boosts production of mitochondria, our cell’s energy factories
- Provides pain relief and pain management
- Increases weight gain in premature infants
- Assists with management of anxiety and depression
- Increases circulation
- Decreases blood pressure
- Helps individuals recognize the need for wellness in their lives
- Improves joint range of motion
HHH Massage Rates:
|60 Minutes:||90 Minutes:||120 Minutes:|
|ACW Office = $90.00
HHH Office = $80.00
Out-call = N/A
|ACW Office = $120.00
HHH Office = $110.00
Out-call = $175.00
|ACW Office = $170.00
HHH Office = $160.00
Out-call = $225.00
Infant Massage Classes:
(Fee includes 85 minute class, prep time and materials)
- Private, One Family: In Family’s Home = $100.00; In HHH Home Office = $75.00.
- Private, Two or More Families: In Family’s Home = $85.00 per family; In HHH Home Office = $65.00.
- Doll Rental: $2.00 per doll (for practice classes where babies are not present).
- Open Class: Dependent upon host locale and number of participants. Minimum fee $150.00.
- Call 202-573-1495 to book your group class today!
Washington DC-Area Locations:
- A Calmness Within, Downtown Silver Spring, MD (call 301.650.9190 to schedule)
- Out-calls limited to a 5-mile radius from Takoma DC
- HHH Home Office available Summer 2016!
Licensing and Ethics
Massage therapy is licensed and regulated by the state and governed by a strict professional standard. For more information on massage regulation visit:
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCTMB)
- Washington, DC, Board of Massage Therapy
- State of Maryland, Board of Chiropractic and Massage Therapy Examiners
- License: State of MD MO4225