About Holistic Helping Hand
HHH is transitioning this website for re-launch in 2018 as a global online wellness community. We are excited to see what blooms. Hang in there with us! Our new website unfolding is taking longer than anticipated.
Holistic Helping Hand (HHH) supports families and individuals looking for peace, balance and wellness. Open, honest communication; active self-awareness; a desire to learn and grow; and intention to be of service are shared professional and personal goals of HHH.
Please contact HHH for specialized retreats, classes or one-on-one appointments for yourself or your group.
HHH Wellness Philosophy:
- We are all personally responsible for our own health and well-being, and living well takes clarity, commitment, thought, education, planning, and effort.
- Society shares a collective responsibility for our communal wellness via attitudes, interactions, priorities, and intentions.
- Through informed choices, effort, active self-awareness, and shared respect we can all live healthy, happy, equitable lives.
- Human beings are designed to be both active and restful. We are not designed to be sedentary.
- Humans are designed to spend time outdoors. Doing so is beneficial for body, mind, senses and spirit, and connects us to the greater environment on which we all depend for our lives and livelihoods.
- Exposure to and appreciation for the variety of religious, spiritual, philosophical, social, cultural and scientific perspectives provides opportunity for growth and learning.
- Being human is a wild adventure. We are all in it together!
Experience / Training:
- Master of Arts in Spiritual and Pastoral Care, Loyola University Maryland
- Clinical Pastoral Education participant
- Licensed Massage Therapist, State of Maryland (#M04225)
- Nationally Certified Massage Therapist, NCTMB / Member, American Massage Therapy Association / Certified Infant Massage Instructor
- Postpartum Doula for over ten years, certified via DONA during that time. Certification not currently active.
- Over 10,000 hours of newborn and postpartum family care experience, including multiples and preemies
- More than 1,000 collective hours of training in the areas of postpartum family care, infant and child development, parenting styles, postpartum adjustment, breastfeeding education / lactation management, massage, and first aid and CPR
- Healthy Families Home Visitor / Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Family Support Worker
- Trained in T. Berry Brazelton’s Touchpoints Approach™
- Infant, Child, and Adult CPR Certification
- Volunteer efforts over the years include: wounded warrior massage; programs offering support for the homeless, hungry, developmentally challenged, and inmate populations; and hospice and life-limiting illnesses.